Thursday, February 20, 2014

Updue Overdate

North by northeast. The rains came, but the drought holds. Which leaves me indecisive about what to do now. It's time to start planting stuff, but I want to avoid things that need water. Maybe I'll just concentrate on climbers, on covering the fence.

South by southwest. The weeds, sticky little buggers have taken over, smothering most of the stuff I've planted. After I took this picture, I dragged the rake over them, trying to flatten them out for a wholesale weeding. But in a couple of months they'll be dead anyway. The morning glory (next to the gate) continues its slow climb, as does the bower vine at the left. I have hopes for them. I wish I had photographed the daphne (upper right, by the fence) when it was in full bloom, but the nicest thing about it was the smell. Truth be told, I've been lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment